Corporate Social Responsibility
Cold Chon and the Community
The company is very pro-active in the community and has run many support schemes with local school, church and community in general such as:
- Financial Support for Equipment, plants, garden ware etc. in local school
- Giving presentations on Environment in the local school
- Organising Tours of Cold Chon for students
- Allowing third level student to audit our facilities as part of their program
- Annual Participation in the St. Patricks Day parade
- Seminars to County Councils in the West and North- West which includes environment and safety
- Support of an achievement award in local college
- Road Safety Art Competition with New Inn National School
- Monivea RFC Sponsorship
- Involvement in social programmes
- We are continually committed to developing new products in our R&D lab, with emphasis being placed on using renewable resources which are environmentally friendly for today's ever changing roads industry.
Cold Chon has an IPPC license issued by the Environmental Protection agency since 1996, where in the last five years audits we have been found to be fully compliant in EPA audits of the site. Indeed in the most recent audit, the EPA Auditor commented that "Environmental Management of this facility is of a high standard. The licensee is to be commended for the proactive approach that is taken to ensure license compliance and to create a general awareness amongst staff members of environmental issues".
We believe all the above highlights the company's commitment to be a good corporate citizen, while delivering a positive impact on the community in general.