The most widely used binder on Irish roads. Cationic 70% is a road bitumen emulsion with 70% binder content.
- Excellent adhesion to damp uncoated aggregates
- Suitable for use with the Sandwich Surface Dressing technique
- No wetting agents required
- No fire risks
- No dangerous fumes
- Saves on fluxes and cutting oils
- Increased productivity
- Excellent sealing ability
- High residual viscosity
- Low temperature application 80 - 85°C which saves on fuel.
Cationic 70% is supplied in bulk by road tankers and applied by standard road spraying equipment. Rates of spread for Cationic 70% will vary depending on site conditions, construction practice and weather conditions.